Do you have 20-25 minutes to make dinner? If you do, then you can serve this quick dish and feel satisfied that you served a healthful and delicious meal. Thai yellow curry is a beautiful mixture of sweet, savory and a little spicy. Like most curries, coconut milk, Thai ginger, lemongrass, and other Thai spices and herbs create the mild yet yummy flavor. The use of turmeric and cumin distinguishes yellow curry from red curry or green curry.
Making curry from scratch isn’t difficult, but if the key ingredients aren’t readily available in your neighborhood market, or you need a quicker than quick meal, Thai Kitchen brand offers incredible 10 minute simmer sauces!
I threw together some frozen veggies and diced potatoes that I par-boiled to make this a fast weeknight dinner. Fresh vegetables would taste great and will add just a few more minutes to your prep. time. I used a cup of mixed vegetables that included corn (maybe not so Thai but sweet and delish), red peppers, broccoli and cauliflower. Carrots, green beans, and almost anything else would be fantastic in this sauce. The options are up to you. Eat as is like a stew, or serve with jasmine or regular white rice. Enjoy!
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 (11.9 oz) jar of Thai Kitchen Yellow Curry 10-Minute Simmer Sauce
- 1 Cup diced (about 1/2 inch cubes) russet potatoes
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetable like peppers, cauliflower and broccoli (your preference)
- 1-2 thinly sliced scallions or spring onions, white and green parts
- Cooked jasmine rice (optional)
- Place diced potatoes and enough lightly salted water to cover potatoes in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are just becoming tender. Drain potatoes and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same saucepan bring the yellow curry sauce to a boil, lower to a simmer, and add in potatoes, frozen vegetables, and white parts of the scallions. Simmer for 10 minutes or until all vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve with or without rice and sprinkle some of the sliced green onion leaves on top.